Your Questions Answered Here
We’ve done our best to make the decision making and ordering process as easy and intuitive as possible. Please browse these questions we get the most and let us know what else you’re still wondering about our offerings.
Can I send someone else to pick-up my order?
What’s the best way to order cakes?
Do you have cakes I can just walk in and purchase?
Do you sell out regularly?
How do I cut my cake?
We suggest cutting in rows instead of wedges since our cakes are so tall. Check out our super helpful cutting guide here!
Where can I find Sugar Cubed Cakes?
Our address is: 101 N Main Ave Gresham OR 97030
Do you offer delivery?
Yes, (and also no) we are limiting deliveries to 3-4 tier cakes and Saturday’s only. The delivery fee is based on the distance from the bakery and the compexity of the set-uo. We do not deliver further than 25 miles (one way) from our shop.
Do you offer consultations?
We would be happy to discuss your dessert needs with you! Although we don’t offer private sit down consultations we do offer a tasting kit which allows you to select 4 flavors of your choosing. (With 48 hour notice). If you’d like to discuss design and details one on one we typically have a decorator in the shop until 4pm everyday, or we can work out the remaining details via email.
Do you book up?
Yes! We are a small crew, taking on as much as we can, but to insure our sanity and quailty sometimes we have to say no more.
Ordering Made Simple
Do you have a minimum cupcake order?
If you are selecting flavors from our month flavor menu there is no minimum order. If you would like a flavor not on our monthly menu than a minimum of one dozen minis or 4 bigs is required.
When can I get my cake?
How far in advance do I need to order a cake?
How far in advance do I need to order cupcakes?
We only need 24 hours notice for cupcake orders. However if you want fondant toppers we need at least 72 hours to one weeks notice.
How do I pay and What forms of payment do you accept?
Do I need to pay in advance?
Yes! All custom orders must be paid for in advance.
Do you offer stand rentals?
Unfortunately at this time we do not offer stand rentals. Check out Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or your local thrift/antique store for some great options!
What if I want fresh flowers/ribbon/non edible items on my cake?
We are happy to put those things on for you, however it is your responsibility to bring them into us, and we are not liable for any cross contamination.
Do you offer sheet cakes?
We do not offer sheet cakes for extra servings or as simple cakes. Typically we work only with round cakes, and supplement extra servings with cupcakes.
Store & Return Policies
Refunds, exchanges, or debating your favorite frosting flavor… All orders are subject to these policies listed below.
Cancellation / Changes
- Changes to custom orders are accepted until 5 days prior to scheduled pick up time.
- If you are cancelling your order one-three months in advance a full refund may be given.
- If you are cancelling your order within two weeks of scheduled pick up, the non refundable deposit is transferable to a future date or gift card.
- If you are cancelling within 24 hours of your scheduled pickup your deposit is not refundable or transferable.
- Wedding Deposits are Non Refundable, but may be transferred to a later date or gift card.
- Any cancellation requests after 120 days of purchase must be applied towards a gift card.
Refunds & Exchanges
- Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide full refunds or exchanges for custom orders.
- Once you or a designated party has picked up an order, it is considered “accepted” – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc. Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, color shade, or general design will not be honored after signing for your cake. In some instances you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge if the cake has already left the shop.
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc.
- Cake flavor and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavor or texture after the cake has been consumed will not be honored. You may qualify for a percentage of a refund or store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavor or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably with 24 hours of pick up – please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Sugar Cubed Cakes. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten. *Store credit or refund percents are based on how quickly the cake is returned, how much has been consumed, and what we determine the quality to be. Refunds of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 48 hours.
- Due to the nature of the medium, exact color matches cannot and will not be guaranteed. If a certain color is desired, the client will need to provide a swatch of solid color to the decorator when the order is placed. Sugar Cubed Cakes will come as close as possible using the specified medium.
The following scenario is the only instance when we will provide a refund:
Our Guarantee & Disclaimer
We do all that we can to make sure that your order is decorated to the specification on your written order form. Upon pick-up of your cake, adjustments can be made for an additional charge if it was not stated on your original order. If for some reason something is not decorated correctly as stated on your order, we will make necessary changes right away.
Every order is hand-made.
Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators.
Allergens Found In Our Shop
We bake with a few ingredients found to be allergic to some. Here’s what your treats might encounter in our shop.
- Nuts and Nut By-Products
- Eggs and Egg By-Products
- Milk and Dairy Products
- Artificial Food Colorings
Although we offer gluten free, and strive to be careful when handling gluten free products, we are in no way a dedicated facility and there is a lot of flour in the air so we cannot guarantee no cross contamination. For anyone with severe allergies or reactions, we recommend going to a dedicated gluten free facility.