Your Questions Answered Here
We’ve done our best to make the decision making and ordering process as easy and intuitive as possible. Please browse these questions we get the most and let us know what else you’re still wondering about our offerings.
Every Day Questions
Where can I find Sugar Cubed Cakes?
Our address is: 101 N Main Ave Gresham OR 97030
Do you offer delivery?
Do you offer consultations?
We would be happy to discuss your dessert needs with you! Although we don’t offer private sit down consultations we do offer a tasting kit which allows you to select 4 flavors of your choosing. (With 24 hour notice) You are welcome to eat them in the shop or take them home and eat them when it’s convenient for you. If you’d like to discuss design and details one on one we typically have a decorator in the shop until 4pm everyday, or we can work out the remaining details via email.
Ordering Made Simple
When can I get my cake? Do you take credit cards?
Do you have a minimum cupcake order?
How far in advance do I need to order a cake?
How far in advance do I need to order a cupcakes?
Do I need to pay in advance?
Do you offer stand rentals?
What if I want fresh flowers/ribbon/non edible items on my cake?
Do you offer sheet cakes?
Store & Return Policies
Refunds, exchanges, or debating your favorite frosting flavor… All orders are subject to these policies listed below.
Refunds & Exchanges
- Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide full refunds or exchanges for custom orders.
- Once you or a designated party has picked up an order, it is considered “accepted” – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc. Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, color shade, or general design will not be honored after signing for your cake. In some instances you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge if the cake has already left the shop.
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc.
- Cake flavor and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavor or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honored. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavor or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably with 24 hours of pick up – please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Sugar Cubed Cakes. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten. *Store credit percents are based on how quickly the cake is returned, how much has been consumed, and what we determine the quality to be. Store credits of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 48 hours.
- Due to the nature of the medium, exact color matches cannot and will not be guaranteed. If a certain color is desired, the client will need to provide a swatch of solid color to the decorator when the order is placed. Sugar Cubed Cakes will come as close as possible using the specified medium.
The following scenario is the only instance when we will provide a refund:
Our Guarantee & Disclaimer
We do all that we can to make sure that your order is decorated to the specification on your written order form. Upon pick-up of your cake, adjustments can be made for an additional charge if it was not stated on your original order. If for some reason something is not decorated correctly as stated on your order, we will make necessary changes right away.
Every order is hand-made.
Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators.
Cancellation / Changes
- Changes to custom orders are accepted until 5 days prior to scheduled pick up time.
- If you are cancelling your order one-three months in advance a full refund may be given.
- If you are cancelling your order within two weeks of scheduled pick up, the non refundable deposit is transferable to a future date or gift card.
- If you are cancelling within 24 hours of your scheduled pickup your deposit is not refundable or transferable.
- Wedding Deposits are Non Refundable, but may be transferred to a later date or gift card.
- Any cancellation requests after 120 days of purchase must be applied towards a gift card.
Allergens Found In Our Shop
We bake with a few ingredients found to be allergic to some. Here’s what your treats might encounter in our shop.
- Nuts and Nut By-Products
- Eggs and Egg By-Products
- Milk and Dairy Products
- Artificial Food Colorings
Although we offer gluten free, and strive to be careful when handling gluten free products, we are in no way a dedicated facility and there is a lot of flour in the air so we cannot guarantee no cross contamination. For anyone with severe allergies or reactions, we recommend going to a dedicated gluten free facility.
Can I bring my own wrappers?
Yes you can, however please note that our standard wrapper sizes are slightly larger than the average so it will effect the size of your cupakes.
Do you offer donations?
We are happy to provide gift certificates for auctions or raffle prizes. We also have our “day-olds” program, call the shop if you’d like to learn more!
Do you have anything sugar free?
Unfortunatley no, since “sugar” is in our name we must represent!
Can I send someone else to pick up my order?
Yes absolutely! Just make sure you give them an idea of what they are meant to pick up as well as the correct name on the order form. Please note that all orders must be approved with a signature at pick up.